Are you having a tough time choosing the right images for your creative projects? Unless you have an excellent photographer, this is a pretty difficult task. Finding the right cheap stock images in this century takes a lot more than just time and patience. You need to know important tips to make a wise decision. Here are some things you should remember when making a choice among millions of photos.
- By all means, avoid clichéd images. Clichéd images create a false perception to your target readers. They do not represent your brand well or complement your message. Any message you are trying to get across will be undermined by the lack of visual content. To find unique images, take the time to browse through the deeper pages of the search results.
- Make your choices personal. Choosing the right images entail a personal touch. Instead of still images of objects, it is recommended to use photos of people and animals. It allows users to feel connected to the content.
- Keep your cheap stock images relevant. Your images should not contain out of date technology, fashion and others. You do not want to reflect irrelevant items with your company. Be sure to pick the most up to date images in the market. For instance, a person holding a Smartphone should be used rather than a photo of someone using an antenna phone.
- Choose the right colors. Do you want to create a professional look and feel to your creative projects? If you do, be sure to pick the colors carefully. All your images should convey the same tone to create a consistency with your brand or a series of other images in your design.
- Choose the right orientation. Images come in two ways – landscape and portrait. The portrait has greater height than width just like the portraits you see in museums, offices and homes. On the other hand, the landscape image has greater width than height. In short, it is the opposite of the portrait. Test your image to check which orientation best suits your design. Download the watermarked version of the image you want to use first before you purchase it to make sure you are choosing the right image.
Many stock image websites offer cheap stock images. They include iStock, Shutterstock, Dollar Photo Club and many more. They are also great sources of professional stock photography, which you can use for your personal or business’ website, promotional posts and social media. If you have anything that requires imagery you do not already have, make sure to use the above tips. They will help make sure that you and your brand looks best.